We’re always looking for dedicated fun individuals to join our Direct Tap family. Our people are our number one asset we know this so we offer a complete comprehensive package of benefits, extended medical and dental, opportunities and training, and did we mention BEER, WINE, AND CIDER OH MY!
To drive the success of the craft beverage industry.
Core Values that Guide Us
We own our mistakes and we work towards solutions. No ifs; no buts.
Reliable Customer Experience
We can’t always leave every interaction with you smiling, but it happens a lot, and that’s our goal.
You’re our partner. We grow with you and we share your successes and your failures.
We’re a nimble, tech-savvy company, not afraid to make a change or try something new and unique.
We talk to you, but – most important – we listen to you.
Logistics Coordinator (West Kelowna)
Logistics Coordinator (West Kelowna)
Direct Tap is looking for a Logistics Coordinator.
Direct Tap specializes in full-cycle distribution and logistics services for the craft beverage industry. We store and deliver craft beer, wine, cider and spirits to bars, restaurants and liquor stores on behalf of our production partners. Our focus is on providing the craft industry with reliable, transparent and unparalleled customer experience. To achieve this, we operate based on the core values that guide us:
- Reliable Customer Experience
- Creative Problem Solving
At the end of the day, our mission is to drive the success of the craft beverage industry.
West Kelowna, BC
- Organize and sort (doc 55, 60, 70 and BOLs) delivery paperwork by routes and drop sequence and check truck bookings.
- Prepare daily documents for warehouse staff around the build and layout of pallet loads, based on drop sequences and truck capacity.
- Plan, coordinate, assign and monitor transportation routes and deliveries throughout Interior BC, including but not limited to, Caribou, Kootenays, and Thompson/Okanagan.
- Continuously improve the design of the existing schedules and build new routes when applicable and/or required.
- Incorporate into route plan factors such as staffing requirements, peak travel periods, holidays, special events and construction with an emphasis on time and cost-efficiency.
- Fill in and report daily route highlights.
- Review client orders and shipment contents prior to releasing them from our warehouse.
- Track and analyze mis-shipments and develops recommended changes to avoid future mis-shipments.
- Prepare documents and book 3PL carriers for both in and out of province transfers.
- Assist in producing operating reports such as driver idle time, inefficient stop reports and various other reports as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Build the daily inbound and outbound dock schedule based on staff availability.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Act as a resource between drivers and supervisors.
- Liaison between drivers and the Customer Experience Team.
- Ensure all delivery stops and times are routed correctly and updated as advised by drivers, driver assistants and supervisors.
- Act as a back up to manager for Penske communication. Coordinate truck maintenance as assigned.
- Ensure pallet break down does not exceed truck capacity (weight and size).
- Work with the enforcement and policies regulated by the National Safety Code.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Post-Secondary education in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business preferred.
- Previous logistics experience is an asset (Knowledge of commercial vehicles).
- Proficient skills in Microsoft office/Google docs (especially Excel/Google sheets).
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Experience in customer service.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and track multiple processes.
- Geographic knowledge of Interior BC.
- Strong attention-to-detail.
- Demonstrated initiative to solve problems.<%2